Peter Grojean, Registered Accessibility Specialist (RAS), #0075
REGISTRATION & LICENSES
- Registered Accessibility Specialist, Texas
- Registered Professional Engineer, Texas (Inactive)
- Accessibility Professional Association (APA) – ADA Specialist
- Member, Texas Society of Professional Engineers
- Member, National Society of Professional Engineers
- Virginia Military Institute – Bachelor of Science 1972
- Governor’s Appointee to the Committee on People with Disabilities (1998 – 2006)
CIVIC AND COMMUNITY
- President (2016), Accessibility Professional Association
- President (2016), Friends of Government Canyon
- Board Member, ARC of San Antonio
DUTIES AND ACTIVITIES
Peter Grojean is a recognized authority on the Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG) and the Texas Accessibility Standards (TAS). He is a frequent speaker to professional and trade organizations on the subject of accessibility. Mr. Grojean has provided professional advice and technical consulting to a wide range of private and public clients. He assists individual architects, interior designers and engineers in designing projects that will comply with both the ADAAG and TAS. As a member of the Governor’s Committee on People with Disabilities, Mr. Grojean played a proactive role in legislative changes affecting plan reviews, inspections and the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation procedures, in an effort to simplify and streamline the requirements of complying with Article 9102, Texas Civil Statutes.
Mr. Grojean is in a leadership role in local efforts to bring people with disabilities, businesses, agencies, governments and the public together for the purpose of better cooperation and understanding.